Thursday 6 December 2012

Goodbye Grit - 10 & 11/11/12

So, at last it was time for me to leave Cambridge and migrate back to the north....well, Aberdeen anyway.  And to say goodbye to the grit a full weekend was required.  Of course the grit is not sentimental and so rightly so The Peapod of Curbar unceremoniously spat me out once again but only after draining all the energy I had in my possession.  This meant that a more typical weekend ensued with many climbs well within my grade and a fair few pints in the Three Stags Heads.  The standout climb of the Saturday was a return to the fun slab and steep arete of The Brain in the disputed ground of Frogbar and Curbatt.
Laurence leading up the fine arete of The Brain at Frogbar
Hangovers in check it was time to head for Stanage and help out Vincent who was glad to see us with his many new climbers to the club and too few leaders or racks.  As always Stanage proved full of classics not climbed before yet Vincent managed to find anything but a classic of which the name fails me but a picture can speak a thousand words............
Follow the rope........
So that was my last trip from Cambridge to the Peak with the club and now my local crags will be in the Cairngorms and yet I will miss it.  Hopefully a few of the CUMC

1 comment: